Collected by hand.
Νet weight: 20 g.
Packaging (one type): Bag with label
Melissa (or Melissa officinalis), also known as bee balm or lemon belongs to the mint family. The term “bee” comes from the word «melissophyllon», which means “leaf bee” because thanks to the great nectar plant content is an ideal place to foraging bees.
The smell of melissa contains among other volatile oils (known for its relaxing properties), polyphenols, tannins and flavonoids.
Benefits of melissa:
1. The Melissa is known for its antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action.
2. Stimulates the heart and circulatory system, causing dilation of blood vessels, thereby reducing blood pressure.
3. Fights against viruses. Studies even confirm its efficacy in herpes cases.
4. This is a plant is highly effective in cases of insomnia, intense stress, tension and irritability, and may even help people with depression, thanks to the soothing and relaxing properties.
5. Relieves digestive disorders.
6. Ccalms the overactive thyroid gland (disease Graves).
7. Increases the perception and enhances memory, has proven utility in patients with Alzheimer’s.
8. Melissa is recommended for people with headaches, migraines and other pain (eg, menstrual pain, toothache, intestinal colic).